I got involved with Christianity as a teenager. Together with some friends, we joined a local church because many cute girls attended that church. (Recently, I got to know that some of my friends are still in that church, and have become true Christians. Praise the Lord). I didn’t grow up in a perfect family; My father was deeply addicted to gambling and would disappear for a whole week & not call back at all. My teenage life was lived in sorrow, rebellion & hatred. I had to be the man in the family. Those difficult times made me grow up. However, at that time, my hatred towards my earthly father was increasing tremendously. As a result, I learnt boxing from a few gangster friends, thinking & hoping that one day I would have a chance to stand up against my old man and crushed him so hard and make him pay for what he had done to his family. (But, of course I could not do it because the Lord did not create me with that kind of capability.)
Looking back, I thanked the Lord for those difficult days. If I haven't tasted the bitterness, I would not have known the mercy & love of my heavenly Father when the time came. After I’ve graduated, I remained in KL & worked in an advertising firm. I put all my efforts to work hard & learn and within one year, I’ve become the expert designer in using Photoshop in my company (at that time there were not many artists who can master that software). Those senior colleagues that initially looked down on me when I first came to work, began to seek me out and paid me attention.
In about 3 years’, I got a position as an Art Director in a small advertising firm. I was so proud of myself (As I am I’m typing this testimony, I feel so weird, the old me reminds me of the fallen angels in the Bible). I carried my boastful character everywhere I went. I hurt many people that worked with me. I lived a life that followed the lust of my flesh; I indulged myself going to pubs & discos, getting drunk from time to time. I often unleashed my anger towards my love one (the person who is now my wife. I thank God that she never left me when I was such a wretch.)
In 1997, I was retrenched from my job and was jobless for 1 year plus. Since then, I was not able to get back to the status that I once had. I tried all kinds of job & businesses, but none of them worked. As a result, the entire financial burden had fall on the shoulder of my wife. God took away my pride. In my desperate state, I started to pray to God, but each time I prayed, the situation got worse. I then concluded that Christianity was useless and to only put the trust on myself.
In 2002, I receive a bad news. My father (whom I disliked) had a stroke and was admitted to hospital. I flew back to Sibu. When my father saw me, tears broke out from his eyes. I finally realized that he did love me. I then got out of the hospital’s room & pray to God, asking God to spare my father’s life. I promised God, I will go to church if He does so. The Lord spared my father’s life and I forgot my promise. I lived the same old way, the only boastful life that I only knew how to live. The Lord turns his face away from me. I was jobless again and this time for 2 years plus. I got bitter again. I could not sleep well. I would smoked heavily in the middle of the night, trying to think of a way out, but there wasn’t any.
In the year 2003, I had begotten my daughter, Jeslina Kong. She was also not a very healthy child. My wife and I had no way to turn, and we started to worship all kinds of idols in order for our daughter to get healthy. God was merciful towards my daughter and she got better. But in my limited human mind, I thought it was the particular idol working, and went to find one to buy. The idol shop introduced me to a taoist master (he is the supporter of One World religion. He even admitted that his daughter is a Christian, and that both he & his daughter worship different gods under one roof. On one side they hung the picture of our Lord Jesus, and on the other side, the taoism idol). I was so amazed by this man. I offered to interview him & make his life into a comic book. In my heart I thought, “never has there been a comic of such kind being published, and I can make a great fortune by using this master as a reference”. At the same time, evil spirits started to speak to me. I could hear their voices in the night, in my mind telling me: “It’s easy, just kill your wife, your daughter & then yourself, and you shall worry no more. It’s easy, you can end this jobless life so easily, it’s just like clicking your fingers.” I started to think of an easy way to end my whole family’s life. I thank God that I did not have the courage to do it. But deep down in my heart, I knew I had a real big problem, that I may be mentally ill.One day, just after the interview with the Taoist master, and before I could make anything of what I had noted down, I got a call from my nephew, Gavin. He asked me if I was interested to freelance for the company that he was working & I said, yes (I was still jobless at that time). I came the very day and worked as a freelancer for Sister Wini. One afternoon, sister Wini came in to the studio, she sat beside me and started to talk to me. I was touched by her gentle spirit; I start to tell her all my problems. She then prayed for me. This is the 1st time in my life I heard someone speak in tongue. She laid her hands on me & prayed for me. Something wonderful happened that night; I was able to sleep so well, something which I was unable to do in past 2 years plus. Few days later, Almighty God gave me the ability to pray in tongue as well. I have become a new man, and have tasted the heavenly gift of the Holy Spirit. I have tasted the Good News of God. I started to learn the word of God madly. I was so hungry for His Word. I looked for an anointed man of God to follow, and to learn as much as I could about God. Everything that I had lost, God has restored them back to me, and even more.
In the year 2006, me, my Mom & my Dad were baptized. In year 2008, my wife was also baptized! This is how my family got baptized. One day in the beginning of the year 2008, I brought home some of my office work. I was suppose to deliver the job the next morning before 10.30am, but I was too tired that day. I decided to wake up the next day, 2 hours earlier to finish the job. I set my alarm clock and went to sleep. The next morning I got up in time & started the work. As my finger pressed the computer’s keyboard, I heard a voice saying in my mind, “lay hands on your mom and pray for her”. But I thought, “I don’t have time for that. I’ll pray for her tonight when I come back from work.” I continue to work but the voice said again, “lay hand on your mom & pray for her.” I ignored the voice in my mind & continued to work on the computer saying to myself, that time is running out and I should finish the job ASAP. For the 3rd time, the voice came to my mind. Although the voice was still very gentle but was in an insistent tone. I simply couldn't ignore it anymore. I went to the balcony, and said to my mom: “Mom, can you please come in, I need to talk to you.” Immediately my mom sense the seriousness in my voice. She stopped hanging the clothes and we sat at the edge of my bed. I told her: “Mom, God wants to give you a gift.” As I told her this, I wondered in my mind why did I say that? What gift? Without hesitation, I laid hands on her and prayed for her. However, I was still worried about my job’s dateline. After I prayed for her, I asked: “Did you feel anything, mom?” She said “No”. I then replied: “Sorry, mom, maybe it’s just my imagination. I need to go back to continue my work, I’m seriously way behind my time now.” I then went back to my computer room and start to work. As soon as I sat down in front of my computer, my mom came in and said: “Son, after you prayed for me, the moment I step out to the balcony, strange words came to my mind, and I don’t know what that means.” I ask her to say it, and the word was "Halleluiah!" She can now speak in tongues.
In July 2007, my elder sister was involved in a car accident in Sarawak (she was just promoted as headmistress of a primary school). She had serious internal bleeding. The nurse told her that it’s a miracle that she is still alive. She was a Roman Catholic at that time. A few months later, she came to KL to visit my mom & me for almost 2 weeks. (Thinking back now, it amazes me how fast she recovered from her injury). I took the opportunity to teach her the Gospel. Two or three days before she flew back to Sarawak, in afternoon about 3 or 4pm, a voice said to me: “Baptized your elder sister.” In my heart I felt a bit of panic. I thought “I’m not a pastor nor have I ever baptized anyone before. The most important thing is, I don’t know how to do it.” The voice came to me and said: “Just baptized her in my name.” I took a moment to settle down my panic heart, and started to teach her about the meaning of true Christian baptism. At this point, I’m regretted that I did not pay full attention on baptism lesson when I got baptized. After I taught my elder sister about the true meaning of baptism, I ask her whether she would like to be baptized? Surprisingly she say “yes”. So I baptized her in my condo’s swimming pool in the name of Lord Jesus Christ. Sometime later in 2008, she came to visit us again, and this time she told me, she’s a Prayer Warrior.
Praise The Lord!




No comments:
Post a Comment